Friday, July 28, 2006

Checking in from HotLanta...

Hey gang! I'm checking in from Atlanta, where I'm attending the Romance Writers of America convention. So far it's a total blast and I got to hand out a bunch of awards for the National Readers' Choice Awards last night, which is always great fun.

My OKRWA prez Deb Behrens and I got to walk about a mile yesterday afternoon to find, of all things, glitter for the tables. It was hot as hell, and we only got approached by panhandlers a few times, so it wasn't all that bad...but...next year I know to remember to pick that stuff up first *g*!

My best buds Jennifer Skully and Leigh Wyndfield were the glitter queens, and made the place look absolutely fabulous. They also enlisted CJ Barry, one of my favorite authors in the whole world, and one who I totally dissed at the ceremony with a computer error, so I feel like utter crap about that and am trying to figure out a way to make amends without prostrating myself at her feet and wailing!

Other than that holy-crap SNAFU, things are going swimmingly.

We'll be back to our regularly scheduled programming when I get back next week, and I'll post some pics!

Talk at y'all then!

Terri

2 Comments:

Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

I can't wait to see you when you get back!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Jo Smith said...

You know Terri

You could call me anything if I had won.

Lighten up on yourself, and if all else fails give her your last born child, you are too tired to raise them anyway. If you never have any give them your neighbors, at least you'll get some relief while paying off a debt.

Did you ever try the chocolate martinie?

Have fun and be safe
Jo

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home