Thursday, July 20, 2006

Of writing and weight loss...

This week has been…interesting. I pumped out 3,500 words of View to a Kill on Saturday, and then did mostly admin stuff on Sunday. I’m trying a new “system” with the two books I’m working on now…writing one at home and one at work. Since Sea of Dreams is shorter, I’m not concentrating on that as much, at least when it comes to word count. I figured that if I wanna finish both by 1 November, I need to write 1250 words a day on VtaK and 400 on SoD (taking two days a week off). I can do that pretty easily as long as I don’t distract myself with solitaire .

On the weight loss/healthy eating front, things are looking up! I lost four pounds over the last few weeks, which is way cool, considering I’d been on the blah plateau for a loooong time (like six months). Rather than doing the exercise thing, I decided to take one solid month and change my eating habits. So I pretty much cut out booze (which totally SUCKS), except for a drink or two on weekends, and have been obsessively watching what I eat…not so much the calories, but the content…you know, am I eating too many carbs? Not enough protein? How’s my fiber looking? Being almost 40 sucks! The whole process bit the big one for the first few weeks, but now I’ve pretty much trained myself . In weird news, I always knew I was a carnivore (farm girl and all), but DAMN…I was powering down a TON of protein but hardly any carbs (well, except for abovementioned booze ).

The plan from now on is to keep it up, and start adding exercise in slowly after 1 August…cross fingers for me!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dana Pollard said...

You are rockin' on the words, Missy!! woohoo!! I don't know how you work on 2 books at a time.

Great job on the weight loss/exercise!! I think everyone is trying to get into fit in some shape or form. I've been riding a bicycle at night for about 5 miles, then doing some light weights. I need to get in shape.

Have fun next week at RWA!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Jo Smith said...

WOW! 3500 words and working on weight loss as well as better health.

I told you a few days ago you are my role model. Now you're stuck with the job for life.

My stomach is a mess and I know that is why I can't loose weight.

I think this weekend I'm hitting the healthy food list and head for the grocery store.

Smart and Sexxy too
What a Friend to show off.

Later
Jo

5:52 PM  
Blogger Rachel Vincent said...

Okay, I'm going to jump on the "Wow, Terri" bandwagon.

Weight loss is hard. Really hard. I don't usually have the time or the inclination to cook a decent or "real" meal, so I wind up eating junk. A lot. And I sit for at least 12 hours a day. I have to do something, and you're inspiring me.

Awesome on the wordcount, too!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Kelli McBride said...

I think you're gorgeous as is.

The protein diet does work - but it gets boring after about 6 weeks. If you can stay on it long enough to get to maintenance, then it would be a do-able diet.

I found substituting one protein shake a day for one meal was not hard at all.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home