Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Finish the Book blues...not!

So when I usually finish a book, I go through kind of a bluesy period, where I kind of sit around. I don't mope (exactly), but I *do* just kind of veg for at least two weeks, almost like a period of mourning.

For some reason, after finishing Redemption, I'm rarin' to go. Since I sent it to my first crit partner on Saturday night, I've pumped out 2K on View to a Kill, and 1K on Sea of Dreams.

What in the heck's up with that? It's not like I don't love the characters from Redemption, I do! Maybe this shows that I've hit a different stride as an author...with my writing schedule as it is right now, this year I've written Ends of the Earth, Redemption, and am on tap to finish Sea of Dreams, and with any kind of luck, View to a Kill... I dunno, but I'm not arguing!

Terri/Keira

3 Comments:

Blogger wilddunz said...

I like to start on new things (maybe a little too much!), and am happy to let the last book settle on its own. I do enjoy a lull, though, but that's because I have a lazy streak. *grin*

8:29 AM  
Blogger Rachel Vincent said...

Doesn't that feel great?!

Congrats on the productivity!

2:57 PM  
Blogger PG Forte said...

OMG, I'm first???

It's brilliant, of course. I'm enjoying it immensely and I'm thrilled to hear you're being so productive.

But I have to agree with what Chrystal said--it's a wonder you get any writing done with your schedule.

Stop getting put in charge of things, woman!

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home