Friday, May 19, 2006

Howdy from Daytona Beach & the nice young dude I met on the plane

Greetings and salutations from sunny Daytona Beach! I've been having a blast here, getting to meet lots of readers and booksellers (and other writers, of course). The weather is faboo and I've actually been getting a smidge of writing done during my downtime--got a bunch done on the plane as well. I got to sit next to the most interesting young man on the plane ride to Atlanta. He's going to a small junior college in Georgia, but was drafted by the Buckeyes before he blew out his knee. So I'm thinking, wow, total bummer for you, 'cause that really sucks...I mean, c'mon, full ride to a Division I school, right? Then he tells me that he decided to go into the Marine Corps and made it ALL THE WAY through Basic at Paris Island, but got dq'd because he was diabetic. Sigh. For having so many shitty things happen to him, this kid was totally upbeat, and not above talking to a crazy writer lady on the plane ride over! LOL. Anyway, talking with him was really inspirational for me, because he'd overcome some pretty bad things, but was still optimistic about going to school and maybe moving up to a Div I school next year. Hell, makes my life look pretty peachy, y'know?

Anyway, I just thought I'd share that and pop in for a quickie :) Hope y'all's week is going fabulously, and I'll check in before I hit the plane on Sunday!

Terri/Keira

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home