Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Back from Romantic Times...

Hey all -- I'm baaaaack from RT, and what a blast it was! I got to hang with my crit partners, my publisher and a bunch o' readers! AND...a lady from Borders actually b0ught Brotherhood, saying that they were looking to expand their romantic suspense offerings, so cross fingers for me!

I took some great pics, which I'll load to the website later on this week, as I get time.

Hell, time is something I'm scrabbling for, at least these days! LOL. I'm off to San Antonio next Tuesday for an actual "work" thing, and I'm sure I'll get bunches of writing done, but quite frankly, the Oklahoma City Airport and I are getting to be waaaaay to familiar with each other! It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to drive an hour and a half to get there...and then back again at the end of the trip, but Lord, I soooo don't want to drive after being cooped up in a plane, y'know?

Okay, so I had yet another interesting plane companion on my way back from Atlanta...this kid was a cross between a young Matthew McConnaghy and Luke Wilson (yeah, break my heart), with the semi-sarcastic temperment to match. It was totally cool, given my semi-jaded view on life in general ;) Anyway, this dude was on his way back home from a 19-day vacation after finishing his residency. In what? It was something funky and medical, and I'm totally shamed that I can't figure out what in the hell he was talking about, considering I work in the medical field! LOL.

He was totally hung over (fishing and playing with his friends...did I mention he was young??), but we passed the time talking about Oklahoma (he left South Carolina to come home because it was just...HOME), various crap, etc. He seemed to think it was pretty damned cool that I was an author, which never fails to blow me away!

Anyway, he was met at the airport by Mom and his Britney-clone girlfriend, so we parted ways with a smile and a wave, but it was a most enjoyable two hours!

That's it for me, at least for tonight...I'm still recouping from the Dorchester party (can you say 4 hours sleep before I had to get up and catch the plane?), but will post my Book of the Week in the next few days.

Terri/Keira

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home