Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Clowns and such...

So my friend Rinda (over at The Write Snark) did a post on clowns that had me totally cracking up because she mentioned Killer Klowns from Outer Space. Way back in the day, my Dad worked on this movie (as Key Grip). I remember going home for a visit and seeing the script lying on the coffee table, so picked it up. It *would* have been a semi-decent "C" movie if they'd done it right, but no dice *g*. Both of us shuddered when he got the pre-release videotape.

Every now and again I head someone talking about it and can't believe there's an actual following of this movie! For anyone who's interested, they shot most of it at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and in a Watsonville (CA) warehouse.

Even funnier was that the Chiodo brothers (who made the movie) had rented out a whole block of rooms at a Holiday Inn (at least I think that's what it was...to many moons ago), and my Dad gave me and my buds the key to his room when he went home for the weekend to Mariposa so we could explore Santa Cruz. So we go cruising up, and there's the freakin' ice cream truck from the shoot sitting in the parking lot! It's still one of those surreal moments whenever I see the movie...which of course I bought for $4.99 from Wally World in DVD format--one for myself and one as a joke gift for my Dad *g*.

Talk atcha later, my little piroskis!

Terri/Keira

5 Comments:

Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

My sister, the one who doesn't like clowns, owns this movie. I didn't make it through at all, so I missed the parts people talk about on the Web. Following is right! I still don't get it.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Rachel Vincent said...

Oh my gosh, I remember that movie! I have this thing for cheesy horror movies. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but there you go...

9:31 AM  
Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

I do too. Big time. My sisters and I do BMovie horror night with wine and incredible vegetarian dishes.

If I sit down to watch tv at night, I usually cruise for the cheesy scary movies first.

I don't think I was in the right frame of mind for that one. I may have to try again.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Keira Ramsay said...

Oh hell, I love 'em too...I just think this one got spoiled for me because I saw how...um...good (yeah, that's the word *g*) it could have been!

Terri

1:53 PM  
Blogger Kelli McBride said...

I've only seen this movie once, but I thought it was hilarious! Absurdism at its finest. ;-)

I also don't like clowns, so maybe I was responding to my instinctual distrust of them.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home