Monday, September 25, 2006

Movie/Music Monday…BB King and The Long Kiss Goodnight

Music: BB King, The Ultimate Collection – As you can probably tell from some of my previous posts, I like a pretty wide range of music, but BB King has got to be one of the greatest musical geniuses ever. The Ultimate Collection encompasses his career, from the early days in Memphis to the later years. As always, he strums Lucille to perfection, coaxing out unbelievable notes and soul. I got to see BB two years ago here in Oklahoma City, and it THE high point of my concert-going experience. If you love the blues, then to out and buy this one now!

Movie: The Long Kiss Goodnight—This is a movie where I wish I’d written the book! Geena Davis plays one of the few believable kick-ass heroines I’ve seen (besides Jennifer Gardiner in Alias and Sigourney Weaver in the first and second Alien movies). The plot centers around Sam, who is the quintessential small-town, cookie-baking mom, but one with no memory of her past. What she doesn’t know, and remembers in increments, is her former life as a government assassin. Samuel L. Jackson plays her sidekick to perfection (I fell in love with his acting skills in this movie), and the baddie, tho somewhat cheesy, is still chillingly cold. If you want some AWESOME action scenes and a storyline that not only arcs, but brings great satisfaction, pick up this oldie but goodie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home