Sunday, February 19, 2006

Ice Dancing??? WTF??

Okay, I've gotta admit it, I'm not much of a girly-girl when it comes to the Olympics...I'd much prefer seeing 'boarders on the halfpipe and skiiers jumping waaaaay higher than nature ever envisoned.

So I'm watching tonight (sorta, I was also working), and while I'm thrilled that one of our pairs placed so high, I'm kinda befuddled as to the whole concept. Apparently this sport (my husband insists loudly and often that it's not a sport) has been around for a good long time, but for the life of me, this is the first time I ever remember seeing it. It's pretty and all, and I'm sure takes an enormous amount of talent, but I'm just not "getting it" as an Olympic sport.

Sigh. Maybe I wouldn't be so cranky if the US had been able to put the puck in the freakin' net more than once today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rae Overholt said...

TL. Sorry to do this here, but EVERYTIME I email you, I get that your email rejects it. I need to have a way to inform you that I received the books (National Readers Judge Traditional Category) and figure out since your email rejects mine, how to get the scores to you. My email is the one you have from

@frontiernet.net

And I receive emails from YOU just fine, but cannot reply or send one to you.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Caffey said...

I wanted to say too, that I feel the same this year. I had in the past looked forward to watching the ice skating but with all the publicity about the negative, I ended up not watching it this year. News too seems to pull out so much negatives this year.
Cathie

9:28 PM  
Blogger PG Forte said...

Yes, but, darlin', it sure beats
Synchronized Swimming.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home